Thursday 29 August 2013

WIPW - Scrolls and Crosses

It is Thursday and I ought to have posted my WIPW report yesterday, but alas, I ran out of time...

I have stitched a few curved lines with stitch #63 Scroll stitch and then added a sprinkling of orange and light blue #77 Woven Cross stitches. Those of you who follow the TAST project will know they are two of the TAST stitches. My attempt with this piece is to use as many of TASTy stitches as possible.

The grey blue fabric is tricky to photograph; it is actually darker and more beautiful with a lovely sheen.



WIPW stands for Work In Progress Wednesday and is a way to get on with an unfinished needlework project.
TAST is short for Take A Stitch Tuesday and is the thing to join for learning new stitches and sharing with others how you have used them.
Both WIPW and TAST are run from Pintangle, by Sharon B. Click on the links if you want to know more.
Happy Stitching!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are creating a lovely embroidery with all the different stitches, nice work!

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you, Susan. I just wish I were as productive as you are.

Julia said...

Is that a joke? Every time I come to your blog I think "Man, she's so productive."

Lins Artyblobs said...

Your WIP is coming along nicely. I am quite a few weeks behind with TAST, must get back to it soon.

margaret said...

some more lovely stitching Queenie. What do you use to draw your design on the fabric? thinking it might be a crayon.

Annet said...

NIce additions!

Queeniepatch said...

Don't see it as a whip; take your time and learn/use TAST as you have time.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you, Margaret.
I am using an 'Iron Marker Pen'; it has liquid chalk in it and it takes a bit of time to dry. The lines are removed with a warm iron. I find it one of the best ways to mark dark fabric.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you!

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Your work is beautiful! Every time I see your blog I am tempted to run out and buy embroidery thread and give it a go. It's only a matter of time I think!

Anita said...

Lovely addition of stitches..woven cross flowers are so cute!

Queeniepatch said...

But you're a MACHINE wizard (or witch!) and might find hand embroidery boring!? With more time, WHAT would we not be able to do??!!

Queeniepatch said...

Yes, I found them perfect for flowers, and all who have seen this WIPW have said the same. I will definitely use them again.