Wednesday 18 December 2013

WIPW - Pleated Paper

Did you know that  WIPW means Work In Progress Wednesday? No? Well, go to Pintangle to learn all about it and see lots of great progress on various needlework projects. You won't be sorry!

Here are my efforts:

Kafferepet
I quilted the cup cake block. As these cakes are in pleated paper cups I wanted an embroidery stitch for the quilting that reflected the shape. The best answer was Buttonhole stitch, the second TAST stitch we learned a long time ago.

  I used a brown-beige variegated thread from Oliver Twist.

Swedish Cushion
Here I worked the two hearts and some circles.
The heart on the left is #43 Magic Chain
The one on the right is #58 Woven Detached Chain (in two colours)
The circle on the left is #22 Buttonhole Wheel (well, one is more of a ring,  I guess)
The circle on the right is #46  Buttonhole Eyelet Flower




14 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Perfect choice!

Juno said...

Your quilting is looking really good. I like the idea of using different stitches to quilt. Your Swedish Cushion is coming along nicely too.

Queeniepatch said...

I'm glad you think so.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you. I thought it was a good choice!

margaret said...

very month watering Queenie, I love Oliver Twist threads.Cushion coming along so well, look forward to seeing it in full

Queeniepatch said...

This particular OT thread was a treat to work with.

Annet said...

I had a long look at the cupcakes to see what you did with the buttonhole stitch. Finally I saw the twist. I'm not familiar with the Oliver Twist thread, but it looks nice to stitch. I like your heart with woven detached chain, it matches beatifully with the magic chain.

Queeniepatch said...

For this section of the Swedish cushion I wanted to find stitches that mirrored each other as much as possible, hence the Magic Chain and the Woven Detached Chain. I am glad #94 Reversed Buttonhole Bar can be worked in a circle. I have some more circles to find stitches for.

Pamela said...

You do such lovely work and are so creative with all the TAST stitches. I love the heart with the alternating colors of the woven detached chain.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you, Pamela. That is a really nice TAST stitch. Instant reward!

Marci said...

Your stitching is so creative. Love the cupcakes. And your Swedish cushion stitching is great.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you Marci!

J Honda said...

just beautiful Queenie - and so helpful to see the up close photos and read your explanations :) Merry Christmas!

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you for your kind words.
Wishing you all the best for the Christmas season.