Sunday 7 June 2015

NHK Partnership Quilt for 2016

The information for next year's NHK Partnership Quilt project (to be displayed in Tokyo Dome in January, 2016,) has now been announced.

The theme is  M U S I C

Should you wish to participate, then these are the rules:
  • one block per person
  • 20 cm x 20 cm for the motif, add a seam allowance of 1-2 cm on all sides
  • flimsy block, i.e. no wadding, no quilting
  • your name should be written with pen in the seam allowance of the lower right hand corner
  • your block should have reached NHK by 31st August, 2015
  • enclose a note with your name, address, tel no, email address
  • send to:
Partnership Quilt
NHK Sutekini Handmade
2-2-1 Jinnan
Shibuya-ku
Tokyo 150-8001
Japan

Your block will be joined with other blocks into large bed size quilts and quilted by volunteers. These quilts will be displayed at Tokyo International Great Quilt Festival in January next year, where they will be raffled off. A raffle ticket is 500 yen.

A link (in Japanese) to NHK's website for this event is here.

Now IF you plan to send in a block, AND live in Japan don't forget to enclose a self addressed and stamped (52 yen) postcard. Leave the back plain and NHK will then print the information about which quilt your block has been added to, and return the post card to you.


17 comments:

Pamela said...

Thank you for this information! I'll start thinking about what kind of block I can make. Glad to see you posting again!

Julie Fukuda said...

Thanks for the information. That is an interesting theme. I wonder what kind of block those group quilters will make. Will there be an NHK TV program on the quilts?

margaret said...

what a coincidence emailed you this morning as had not seen you and here you are again! Hope to see your entry for the quilt block such a great way getting lots of quilts made.

Séverine said...

Thanks for the information. Will you participate in this program?

Queeniepatch said...

I hope to.

Queeniepatch said...

I am still thinking about what kind of quilt block I could make.

Queeniepatch said...

I thought you might like the theme! The NHK program Sutekini Handmade was shown last week, sorry!

Queeniepatch said...

Sorry, still too busy with other things to have time for serious postings, and sewing!

Annet said...

Thanks for sharing this info. Last year I didn't managed to make a contribution, I hope to do better this year!

Janie said...

Glad to hear from you, Queenie. I made bread today and I'm still embellishing with hand embroidery, look forward to hearing more from you, Have a great day!

Queeniepatch said...

Music is such an international theme, and many quilters also listen to music while quilting so I think there is something everyone can make.

Queeniepatch said...

Sorry I have no chance to visit your blog, time is EXTREMELY limited at the moment.

JennyPennyPoppy said...

The block you'll make will be wonderfully creative.

Queeniepatch said...

You are so kind! I hope I can live up to your expectations!

Cynthia@wabi-sabi-quilts said...

Good to see you post again! I will mull over this music theme.... immediately have ABBA's "Thank you for the music" running through my head, ha ha! I made a block for 2015 - a simple depiction of my daughter's wedding cake - and got my postcard back (this was doable because David picked up both post card and postage during one of his trips to Tokyo) but then forgot to ask you or Julie to spot my block!

Queeniepatch said...

I hope I will have the chance to spot your block next January - or maybe you will come and spot it yourself!

Renee said...

I look forward to seeing pictures of the quilts again this year. I loved the ones you and your friends added last year. :)