Friday 20 January 2017

Friday Homework for Lesson 8: Heavy Chain Stitch

As the headmistress, 'teacher' and student of Sunday Stitch School I can decide which stitch to teach, how to teach it and how to work it.

Stitch no 8, Heavy Chain Stitch was a good choice! Oh, I LOVE this stitch. It is easy, quick and enjoyable to work, and the result is better than I expected.

For my homework I did some doodling and scribbled a loop,

then wrote the initial H for someone's birthday card.

I have not had the time to make them into cards yet, but will do.

12 comments:

FlashinScissors said...

Oh wow, impressive stitch!
They will be amazing cards!
Barbara x

Queeniepatch said...

Do try this stitch - it is easy and fun!

crazyQstitcher said...

Bravo! on the neatness and designs. I have stitched a sample but it is no way as neat as your work.

The stitch is one I intend to improve on, as it could be applied to many stitch projects.

Queeniepatch said...

Once you get the hang of slipping the needle under TWO chains it is easy to get a neat result.
Yes, it is a useful stitch to know. I am wondering if and how you will be using it on your A year of Stitches.

margaret said...

very effective loving the scroll type H

Julie Fukuda said...

I might want to try trat on one of those banners some day instead of appliqueing all those letters.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OK, I love this stitch now that I have really imagined what can be done with it. Thanks for inspiring!!
xx, Carol

chitra said...

your work very neat and beautiful. The use of variegated threads is fantastic choice.yes it is a very lovely stitch.

Queeniepatch said...

I am glad you liked it and looking forward yo seeing how you used it.

Queeniepatch said...

It's a nice one, isn't it?

Queeniepatch said...

That's a good idea, especially if you want a raised look. Do give it a try.

Queeniepatch said...

This stitch writes well!