Friday 4 May 2018

Friday Homework for Lesson 59: Knotted Running Stitch

This Friday falls in the middle of Golden Week, the annual holiday in Japan, but I have managed to do my homework.

Oh, I just love the Knotted Running Stitch! I love the look of it, and the way it is worked, especially since I experienced and made an even easier way. I just turned the work around and worked towards me! SO much easier!

This is the method I showed last Sunday's lesson, with the needle going away.

I turned the work around and stitched towards me:


Here is the homework:

Aida sampler

Sunday Stitch School Reference Chart
One con, the knots don't sit well on a sharp turn of the Running Stitch line (blue).

Linen Fabric:










10 comments:

Rachel said...

Yes, some stitches don't take some sorts of curves well - but that is what a sampler is for, isn't it!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

I like the stitched linen.

Queeniepatch said...

Spot on! The reference chart should show problematic areas, and if the chart isn't lined, you can also see how the stitches look at the back, where to start and stop and how best to fasten the thread.

Queeniepatch said...

I especially like how the different weight of thread with the variety of stitches make it look like a sampler!

Janie said...

You're making it your own, 'owning' it.
The linen piece is attractive.

crazyQstitcher said...

I can see how the second version is easier to stitch. Less fiddly wrapping the thread and I imagine faster too.
I like every stitch you'd added to the linen. It is a beautiful keepsake as well as a sampler..

carorose said...

I like this stitch, very versatile.

Queeniepatch said...

Thank you!

Queeniepatch said...

I was so happy to find the second, easier version!

Queeniepatch said...

It's a great linear stitch.